The Popular Culture Association and American Culture Association invites
submissions for individual papers, and for complete panels, for its
Women's Studies area for its forthcoming national conference, to be held
in Washington, D.C. 2013.
We welcome papers and panels on any facet of popular culture relating to
the study of women and gender, including, not by no means limited to:
* Women's participation in, and creation of, literary works and print
* Women's involvement as consumers and producers of film and
television culture, and representations of women within television and
* Women as the subjects of, audiences for, and responders to advertising
* Women's engagement with popular music, as artists, consumers, and fans
* Women's engagement with social media and their work as bloggers and
ALL PROPOSALS AND ABSTRACTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE PCA
DATABASE<http://ncp.pcaaca.org/> FOR CONSIDERATION.
The deadline for paper and panel proposals is 30 November 2012.
Please send all queries to Holly Kent, at