Get your Digital Project Idea off the ground!
Date: Thursday, April 11, 2013
Time: 7-9 pm
Location: Chemical Heritage Foundation (see below)
Got a kernel of an digital idea that you want to nurture and grow? Pitch your dream at PhillyDH Incubator @CHF, where a collective of regional digital humanities professionals will join you to provide feedback, refine ideas, and select projects to actually begin building in an upcoming PhillyDH hackathon*.
The Goal: Depending on the complexity of the project we select as a group, the goal is to build the actual project — or at least get it to a proof-of-concept stage, which can be used to secure buy-in and/or funding.
If you don’t have a project idea, you’re still encouraged to come and hear about new ideas that people in the area have about digital projects. In other words, active spectators welcome! (No RSVP required unless you’re pitching a project.)
How the idea-pitching works:
- Come prepared to give a 5-minute pitch answering the following questions:
- What’s your idea?
- What are your objectives?
- Why is it important?
- How can the group help?
- Are you ready to start building if selected by the group for incubation?
- The group will ask questions and provide feedback.
- The group will select 1-2 projects with great potential to move forward.
- Participants can use the results to refine their ideas and solicit potential partners.
- End Goal: Help the project owners develop proof-of-concepts to be used to secure buy-in and/or funding. Volunteered development hours can be valued as in-kind donations.
To reserve time to pitch your idea, RSVP to PhillyDigitalHumanities@gmail.com. Space is limited.
Chemical Heritage Foundation (CHF) is located at 315 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA.
A one-day/weekend-long event where developers, designers, and data/content specialists collaborate to build-out a project or idea.